Storyteller. Copywriter. Connector.
With a background in English and Public Health Education, I thrive in cultures that allow me to use my words to elevate both the company and the consumer. I believe in making an impact through connection and shared experiences. Every person, every brand, and every community has a story to tell. I want to be the person who documents and shares your story.
Marketing Campaign Creation & Execution
Marketing & Branding
Website Content Strategy & Maintenance
Email Campaign Strategy
- Oversee all marketing campaigns for seven annual events including the company’s signature event, the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend. Generating over 1.5 million in revenue and 21 million in economic impact, this event attracts 25,000 runners and their families to Virginia Beach.
- Build events in registration platform and develop efficient registration strategy for all seven road racing events totaling 46,000 registered participants each year with a 5% growth over the last 3 years (prior to COVID-19 cancellations).
- Maintain database and all communication to our database of over 168,000 subscribers
- Create and track all strategic marketing campaigns in addition to developing creative content to an email database of 168,000 subscribed users. In 2019, our database grew from 147,000 to 168,000, an increase of 14%.
- Collaborate with all race partners including city governments, visitor bureaus, and corporate sponsors to develop mutually beneficial messaging promoting both J&A Racing and each partner’s mission.
- Develop public relations strategy for all marketing and media outlets while building long-standing relationships with media ranging from local press to national publications such as Runner’s World Magazine.
- Social Media Management including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn including continued education to stay up to date on current delivery methods.
- Create content for both email campaigns, social media, and sponsor reporting.
- Manage all donor supported funds to ensure donors’ wishes are met by the institution by working with department leadership to allocate fund usage, track spending, and capture outcomes
- Creation and development of donor related communication including annual reporting, stewardship touches, and donor cultivation pieces
- Oversee bi-monthly community outreach newsletter
- Plan, execute and support all donor related events on campus
- Cultivate and solicit global corporations to increase donations of medical supplies, equipment, and technology to support Operation Smile’s mission
- Oversee grant writing, reporting, editing, and evaluating of activity as it relates to donor gifts
- Facilitate relationships between Development and departments including marketing, logistics, finance, international programs and medical affairs to ensure communication reflects the organization’s brand
- Serve as the voice and liaison between international foundations and headquarters to ensure cohesive branding, styling, and copywriting
Contract Administrator at the City of Virginia Beach
(2008 – 2014)
- Develop and execute business plans and contracts for building maintenance division of Public Works
- Support Superintendents with writing and editing all documents to support the contract process including Requests for Proposals, legal documents, contract scope of work, management plans, and day-to-day correspondence with contractors
- Serve as a liaison with city staff, purchasing agents, and contracted staff to ensure compliance
- Ensure quality of data as reported by city facilities, city staff members, and contracted staff to eliminate inconsistencies with published documents
Marketing Coordinator at Chesapeake Regional Hospital
- Develop and implement business plan for expanding Breast Center and support group
- Support Chesapeake Regional’s marketing team by preparing, writing, editing, and formatting Breast Center informational material in accordance with hospital standards
- Plan and implement all events, educational programs and marketing initiatives to expand the reach of the Breast Center into the local community
- Oversee volunteer program: interview, select, train, and supervise volunteers
Logistics Specialist at Asklepion Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Successfully plan and coordinate meetings and events for clinical trials worldwide
- Serve as a liaison between participating hospitals and physicians to ensure accuracy in data collection and reporting according to FDA standards
- Maintain communication with the FDA to ensure FDA guidelines are met and recorded according to predetermined timeline
- Manage all financial aspects for the company: budgeting, invoicing, and payroll
Master’s Degree, Public Health Education & Promotion, 2010, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Bachelor’s Degree, English, 2003, Old Dominion University